Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Is it a film or a war

Is it a film or a war?

Until time ago, like many youth here, I liked to see the action films of Arnold Schwarzengger. To see how the invisible terminator kill all his enemies without being hurt. In that time I didn’t care about his political ideas and I didn’t pay much attention for the real aim beyond these stupid films, to confirm the supremacy of the “American hero” even when he entered politics and became California government, I didn’t take him too seriously and he continued to be just a movie star. Meanwhile his right wing character and policy became to be more and more obvious. And I felt again betrayed, I discovered that many of my favorite actors are very reactionary in politics, beginning with Frank Sinatra through Clint Eastwood ended with Schwarzengger. When I saw him few days ago in a demonstration to support Israel, it was too much. What this stupid guy things that the war is a Hollywood film? Did he learn from Israel all this brutality and fire force or did Israel learned from him? In pretext of the right of Israel to defend itself it killed so many innocent people and destroyed everything belong to the other side, exactly as Schwarzengger was doing in his films. But there’s one thing I would like to remind Israel and its ally from Hollywood: the war in Lebanon is not a movie. It’s a real war, the killings are real the blood is real. And I want to remind them in another thing: in this war the so called heroes can be hurt and suffer, and that the real heroes here are those guys who fight and defend their land and people

No comments: