Monday, January 01, 2007

And yet a Happy New Year

And yet a Happy New Year

Today is the first day of 2007. Yesterday everyone wished his beloved ones, relatives, friends and others a happy new year. The same thing we did one year ago, and the year before and probably many years in the past. No doubt, that our wishes were not fulfilled completely. Misery and not happiness is still the dominant side. It seems that happiness doesn’t come through wishes, but through long struggles, sacrifice and work. Contradicted, isn’t it?
For us, the Palestinians, 2006 brought for us too much misery and very little, if at all, happiness. There was almost no single day without killing or injuring Palestinian civilians. The outcome of the year was 650 dead, more than one third were children and some thousands wounded. Some of them will stay handicapped for the rest of their life. Some families where completely liquidated. Like the family Galia which was killed with cold blood while they were swimming in the sea of Gaza, and A’thamna family which the Israeli missiles destroyed there house on their heads. This besides the other miseries like the apartheid wall, checkpoints, prisons, inciting for civil war. Etc.
The Palestinian people were not the only ones that received this meal of misery from Israel. The Lebanese people got for 33 days non stop rain of bombs, missiles, mines, massacres, etc. At least 1500 people where killed, most of them are civilians.
In spite of this misery, which I described, this was not the worst part of the story. In my opinion, the worst part was that all of what happened was with the help of the so called civilized countries and the silence of their henchmen in the Arab countries.
In spite that 2007 doesn’t promise to be better than its previous sister, we continue to say to the whole world: A happy new year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ali, happy New Year to you too!

ctually, I have a question for your wife Trees. I don´t see a link to any kind of personal email address, so I will do it through here. If you have received this post and you do not want it to be displayed on your blog, please remove it then. All I want is to get in touch with your wife. I am planning to write a book on non-jewish Dutch people, living in Israel. I would like to talk to as much different kind of people as possible. I would like to ask her if she would be willing to cooperate later this year, when I am back in Israel.

For now I sign with my alias, Talbiyeh, but if we would get perosnal contact I will give you my name of course.

All the best!

Talbiyeh