Thursday, December 14, 2006

good morning Sakhnin good morning to the world

Good morning Sakhnin, good morning to the world, I’m back again

For about 4 months I haven’t wrote anything, since the end of the Israeli war against the Lebanese people in July-August. Many friends sent me letters asking: where are you? Where did you disappear? To be honest I don’t have any answer for them, or maybe the answer is too complicated and difficult that I myself don’t understand it. But if anybody insists to have an answer I can only say that a strong feeling inside me prohibited me all this period and held the writing. I needed this time to think and to evaluate many ideas.
Anyway, I’m here again, trying to say something about what’s going around. Since the ceasefire in Lebanon many things had happened. Actually I think that the war didn’t really stop it continued in different means and moved to other places. What’s going on now in Beirut is a direct result and continuation of the war which was waged by the USA with the help of Israel, and not the opposite as most people believe. In the same time the war in Gaza, and the recent massacres which are happening there (eg. Beit Hanoun) was committed by the USA and then by Israel. I say that not to lessen the Israeli responsibility of the crimes that occur all the time in the area, but to draw more attention to the responsibility of the American administration. The Americans pretend to be friends of the Lebanese people through Prime Minister Fuad Saniora and the sectarian leaders around him, and to be friends of the Palestinian people through Mahmoud Abbas and his mercenary gang, and friends of the Iraqi people through their agents in the government. With such friends who needs enemies?
Let’s try to be optimists, it’s a wonderful day. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, the weather is warm, a summer day in the middle of December, isn’t it enough to be optimistic?
Good morning from Sakhnin, and hope to meet you here every day.

No comments: